Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Santa Cruz Flats: Day Three

As I type (Day 4) high winds rule the day here...stronger than yesterday...pilot's meeting at 9:30.

***

High winds prevented us from flying on Day 3 here at Casa Grande...the decision was made a little after noon to call off the task, so Wendy and I headed down to Saguaro National Park for a little road trip.

I'd have to use the word formidable to describe this area...



Do NOT land here...


Mature saguaro...


Baby saguaro...cute little guy isn't he?

Some thoughts on Monday's flight...

From the looks of things, it appears I missed the 1st waypoint by a few meters, thus causing lesser points in my favor. I'm not really here to earn points, but to learn. However, the more points one earns, the more he begins to like earning points.

Therefore, when points are missed, one begins to realize the value in navigation and using his GPS for his benefit, that being tagging waypoints and getting points. Fortunately, I'm not here to earn points, though...just to learn. I am learning how to use my GPS and directional capabilities of my vario, however.

...a few more pics from Monday...


Mr. Alex Cuddy


The lineup


Wingtip shot near the first waypoint that I missed more than likely because I was too busy taking pictures...


Brian "The Intimidator" Foster