Monday, September 21, 2009

Santa Cruz Flats: Day One

Day one started with some challenging conditions that tested my thermaling skills. Five pilots made it to goal on day one and the results can be found here.

I had a nice tow up to a thermal where others were gaggling and pinned off at that point. Brian Foster, Luc, a few others, and I worked the broken lift. Things were looking good...then...then...I managed to loose track of the thermal. I was able to find another broken thermal only to loose track of where the hell that was going as well...rough day in the air but a lot is being learned...I landed just east of the hotel for a rapid pick-up by Miss Wendy. She and I then chased after Brian who was able to make it to the first waypoint, then it was on to pick up Alex Cuddy and Ben Dunn. Alex and Ben had good days in the air.

There are six more days left to fly, so I'm looking forward to improving upon my first day results at the comp...

Flight time: 30 minutes