Sunday, January 3, 2016

Windy Hill First Day of 2016 (1-1-16)

JT, Wayne, and I headed to Windy Hill again on Saturday, the first day of 2016.

After trudging through the mud to launch and setting up the gliders in the cold wind, we assessed the conditions.

Wayne decided to launch first and was working some light thermals - getting above launch every once in a while.

I decided to launch second on the Sport 2.

There was a bubble right off launch that I might have been able to work, but not finding anything would have resulted in possibly not making the glide out to the LZ - I flew onward not finding anything and was on the ground within 5 minutes.

JT launched third and found a bubble or two, but was joining me in the LZ soon after his feet left the ground.

Wayne was still in the air - flight of the day, which tends to be the case with that boy!

All was good - great launches and great landings was had by all - looking forward to what 2016 has to offer in the air for all of us!