Sunday, April 12, 2015

McClure (4.4.15)



The day started out with me launching first, struggling for 12 minutes, then landing - not deterred, I used JT's truck for a trip back up to launch and a relight.

When I got back up to launch, the remaining pilots were getting ready to launch and others were getting high at Horseshoe - I really wanted to join everyone!

After launching, the lift was sporadic and broken - I decided to head to Horseshoe slightly above the windsock at the south point - pulled on VG and made a go of it...one of my lower crossings toward Horseshoe.

It paid off - I was able to find a thermal fairly quick and within about 15 minutes was working my way up toward others for what would be one of my more rewarding flights at McClure - a great day with a fun evening gathering of friends afterward.

Flight Time: 1 hour, 41 minutes
Altitude: 5065' msl