Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Yosemite Weekend ~ June 7th through 9th

A group of us made it over to Yosemite for some fun flying this past weekend...

Wendy was with me, so that made it even more fun!



Friday, we all gathered at Glacier Point launch, set up our gliders early as usual, but the winds were not in our favor.

I was Site Monitor this weekend and made the call to not launch anyone...It was a good call as the winds were cross and had a mid-day feel that made me uneasy.

Fly another day...

So, Wendy and I hiked up to Sentinel Dome...



After Sentinel, we hiked down toward Taft Point & The Fissures via Glacier Point trail...



The scenery along the way was spectacular with a nice view of the Leidig Meadow LZ...

Then along came The Fissures...



I have to admit, staring down into those things made me a bit squeamish...

Afterward, we hiked another .1 mile to Taft Point...



Nice view from a distance...

Saturday and Sunday we flew!





Saturday, 15 pilots flew, and Sunday 9 pilots flew.

It was a great weekend with great friends...one of the best weekends at Yosemite for me to date!