Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tam Sledder & Turning 45

Day 1 of my 5 day weekend brought Wendy and I to Mt. Tam and Stinson Beach...winds were looking light to moderate and not over the back, so we gave it a go.

I got to try out my new "keel sleeve" today...

The Flamer looked good against the dry grass...

There's always time for a "finger bang" just prior to launching...

There were light cycles wisping up, so I took what I could get...a significant marine / inversion layer existed about 2 hundred feet above the water towers...it typically is not good flying conditions when upper air is warmer than lower air masses...that was the case today at Tam, but I still had fun...



The beginning of a nice flight...albeit short...



In flight...my GoPro appears to be on the blink...

I had a nice approach today...my new T2C has a lot more glide than the older T2 I've been flying for the last couple years...

A two-stepper landing to finish off the day's flight...

The drive home was fun...

Nothing beats nice clear days in the City...

We stopped by the Beach Chalet for an afternoon snack...apparently the wait staff had done mushrooms or something because everyone appeared brain-dead...Regardless, it was a nice day to turn 45 years old. Thank you Wendy for a great day!