Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hull Mountain 9/13/14

Finally getting high!

It's been a while since I've had some good mountain flying, so last weekend at Slide and this weekend at Hull is a nice treat.

Tom Low and I drove up to Hull early Saturday morning and met up with some Sonoma and Sacramento pilots.

The cycles at launch were coming in nicely and it wasn't too windy - I was able to hook a nice one soon after launching and was at cloud base within 10 minutes.

I boated around, hooking thermals here and there, and generally didn't get below launch the entire flight.

It was fun to fly across Lake Pillsbury and fly over the dam - then cruise back - the picture below was taken soon after I'd flown over the dam.

I had a good landing and broke down in the shade with a few beers - then we spent the night listening to elk howl non-stop as I guess it's mating season, which is great for the elk!

Altitude: 12,700' MSL
Flight Time: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes