Monday, September 13, 2010

Yosemite 9.10 ~ 9.12

Had a good group of pilots fly Yosemite this past weekend with 27 flights over the 3 day weekend.

Some great pics by spectator Tosh Hotchi HERE...



Day 1 ~ Colin Perry and I were the only pilots that flew on Day 1. Afterward, Carm and Colin and I went for a hike from Bridalveil Campground to the 4-mile mark of the trail to Ostrander Lake...

Colin's rainbow Dream









I had to take pictures of dead trees along the way...







Day 2 ~ We had 15 pilots fly Yosemite on Day 2. It was fun to get all of them off Glacier Point and share the fun of flying such a special place...great group of people. Brian and I hiked the 4-Mile Trail (actually, 4.6 miles) from the valley floor to Glacier point on Day 2, also...





Day 3 ~ I launched 10 pilots, but opted not to fly myself...After flying, we retrieved the vehicles from Glacier Point, then made our way back home, stopping for pizza in Groveland...





I'll see you next year Yosemite!

Today, Wendy and I will drive down to Crestline, CA, staying at the North Shore Inn for a few days of flying that area...more later!